Heroes        Page 1 of 2        Goto page 1, 2  Next

Akasha Best Killer AND Support Item Build

DotaStrategy.com Forum Index > Heroes > Akasha Best Killer AND Support Item Build

Reply to topic
Goto page 1, 2  Next

KimJohannaST

Monster Kill Posts: 366 Joined: 18 Jul 2008 Warnings : 2 10531 gold

Akasha Best Killer AND Support Item Build

comparing 5 item builds i got from dotaportal.com guides and a friend,i need your opinions based on experience which item build for akasha as killer AND support do you think is best?So far its only item build A i've tried in an actual game.a 1on1 where we never got to kill each other but she won by pushing.
()-2 bracers,i added to the beginning to every build
*-Hot for ranged opponents and vanguard for melee opponents,i also added to fill in the inventory slot
A.)The Linken Skadi Akasha
()
Linken's
Skadi
2MkBs
BoS
B.)The Aghanim Refresher Akasha
()
Soul Booster
Aghanim
Refresher
BoS
C.)The MkB Radiance Akasha
()
Perseverance
Skadi
MkB
Radiance
BoS
D.)The Necro Guinsoo Akasha
()
RoB
Necro 1-3
Guinsoo
Power treads
Buriza
E.)The SB Refresher Akasha
()
Null Talisman
Soul Booster
Refresher Orb
Linken
F.)The Mark a.k.a. Deadbeath item build
()
HoD
Power Treads
Linken
Desolator
Buriza
Cuirass

Reply with quoteView user's profileSend private messageSend e-mailYahoo MessengerICQ Number

xut marie

Dominating Posts: 101 Joined: 17 Jun 2008 2847 gold

ow, i got my own, it goes like

boots + 3nulls + bottle early

(sell nulls if needed)

dagon rush(dont upgrade)

guinsoo

boots-->BOT

diffusal blade-->manta style

linken sphere

Shivas guard

thats how i play and it goes well

Reply with quoteView user's profileSend private messageYahoo Messenger

baddebts

Mega Kill Posts: 784 Joined: 07 Feb 2008 22533 gold

Support..Guinsoo,PT, Shivas,Linken, 2 bracers

Reply with quoteView user's profileSend private message

Boots-chan

Boots with the furrr
Godlike Posts: 1722 Joined: 15 May 2008 153630 gold

QoP is a fairly flexible hero that can adapt to her situation. She can go straight caster and do tons of damage to their entire team, DPS, or support.

This is my general build:

2 null talismans
Bottle
Strength Treads
Guinsoo

Nulls over Bracers because her spells have a fairly steep mana cost, and the larger mana pool is very helpful. It also increases her a damage a little bit -- which you can't ignore. Her blink is pretty much the best escape mechanism in the game, so survivability isn't as important for her. Also, I only get 2 nulls because the last space is usually occupied by TP scrolls and a quick Void Stone.

Strength Treads because, well... HP is nice so that Lion doesn't 1hKO you, and the Aspd improves her dps a little bit.

Bottle because I like ganking.

Guinsoo, I feel, is the best item on her. It gives her a great mana pool, mana regen, and decent damage and HP, as well as a fantastic disable. I'd go as far to say that all QoP, of any build, caster or DPS, should get Guinsoo. It's excellent. If a QoP gets an early Guinsoo, it's GG for the other team.

After that it depends on the situation.

MKB if the enemy is being trashed -- here comes the carry QoP!

Shiva's for more AoE and support, sometimes. But usually I get Skadi in this situation because everyone loves Skadi.

Orchid if another disable is needed.

Necro3 if there are lots of invisible heroes. This could be gotten before Guinsoo, even!

-----

There are some items that I don't get, for whatever reason.

For instance, I never get Aghanim's on her. Also the up to her ult is nice, but I don't often find myself relying on it to win.

Dagon is takes up precious mana early game and her mana pool can't really support it. It also seems a bit off on her... she is built around strong AoE nukes, and you suddenly have this single target one? She doesn't do enough damage to one hero to warrant this, like NA does. Anyway, you're not in a hurry to kill the enemy. You have the best chasing ability in the game (Blink). Why rush?

Linkens seems like a pretty good idea on her, if you like initiating with her for whatever reason. I find that her blink keeps her out of danger fairly well. Generally, waiting for the real initator of the team to do their job, and THEN blinking in works perfectly fine. But if you're a more defensive player, by all means. I'd rather spend money to increase battle effectiveness.

-----

QoP is an interesting hero because she is considered a "semi-carry". If your real carry fails, then QoP might be able to pick up the slack, so it's important that she farms too. Fortunately, with her fantastic escape mech and great farming skill (Scream of Pain) she can afford to farm deep in dangerous situations that other heroes cannot.

Reply with quoteView user's profileSend private messageAIM AddressYahoo MessengerMSN Messenger

lukeiskul

Mega Kill Posts: 846 Joined: 28 Nov 2007 23662 gold

i like A the best, but get guinsoo cuz 2 mkb not tht great...

after u get pers, try to get as many ultimate orbs before going back to fountain... it gives u flexibility to change to either skadi-linkins-guinsoo, depending on whichever ur team needs.

KimJohannaST

i never tried getting guinsoo on her because i was thinking early game skill dependent Akasha then late game DPSer Akasha with her skills just for backup.

i never tried dagon on her either because i agree she has small mana pool and her skills have high mana cost already.

thanks for those who commented.i need more hehe...i'm assuming its the akasha item build which works best for you.

Reply with quoteView user's profileSend private messageSend e-mailYahoo MessengerICQ Number

Boots-chan

Boots with the furrr

You've never tried Guinsoo on her?!
Do it now, and watch the magic!

Granted, it doesn't really seem to sync with her other spells, but a 3.5 second disable is good on pretty much everyone.

Guinsoo vs MKB:
In a 1-one-1 fight, Guinsoo is better since you can disable them for 3.5 seconds. It adds decent damage, too.

In a team fight, Guinsoo is still better since disables are far more valuable than a bit of extra damage. Leave the dps to the real dps heroes.

Guinsoo is also better for her spells, since it gives her more mana to spam them with.

Guinsoo is better for her HP.

Guinsoo is better for escaping, on top of blink. (Let's say you have a BS chasing you or something)

Anyway, it's not as if Guinsoo doesn't add DPS. For me, with Guinsoo, 2 nulls, and Treads, I have +40-something damage, which isn't shabby at all.

Reply with quoteView user's profileSend private messageAIM AddressYahoo MessengerMSN Messenger

myndfreak420

Godlike Posts: 1014 Joined: 29 Sep 2008 Warnings : 1 6645 gold

all good. after guinsoo you can get eos or orchid or shivas... or all....

vins wrote:
wash my mouth out with your man soap

Camille`Way

Godlike Posts: 1139 Joined: 15 Sep 2008 16447 gold

My QoP..
Inspired by SK.Loda

Power Treads
Assualt Cuirass
Stygian Desolator
Buriza
BKB
Sheepstick

I dont need tp..
I can just blink blink blink..

But hey thats me..

KimJohannaST

why do i have the feeling that i'm the only one here who didn't use guinsoo on akasha? LOLZ

Boots-chan

Boots with the furrr

Because you are! ^_^;
Seriously, Guinsoo is wonderful on her. Try it!

Being able to TP is important btw, on any hero, and QoP is no exception. You should always have scrolls on you to a) defend b) farm fast! c) gank d) escape.

Yeah, blink is a great escape skill, but QoP is often farming at distant, awkward locations and blink is sometimes not enough if 5 heroes (with disables) jump out at you and you need to get out of there before they show up.

pomlaos

Beyond Godlike Posts: 4789 Joined: 27 Nov 2007 Warnings : 1 88572 gold

i got for
pt
guisoo
agahnim
styggian
hopefully you guys might beable to farm it. but usually you will get this in a 60 minute game. usually you farm up styggian. then go for soul booster. then later make it to scepter. since you already have a slow guisoo is not needed until later on in the game where you need the mana regen from.

-No0B-

Mega Kill Posts: 760 Joined: 06 Jun 2008 20530 gold

support..Guinsoo/BoT/Shiva

Alien Alien Alien

ic4three778

Godlike Posts: 1942 Joined: 03 Jan 2008 6842 gold

when i use akasha, i go purely support... but not meka-arcane support, you know, like ES support, those who carry their teams to win in clashes. so yea suport-carry akasha.
I'm pretty confident about my supporting skills.
I got EoS once for her and it didnt work out for me
Linkens and Guinsoo does better. Of course BoT.

EDIT: WOW this is my 500th post. mega kill ftw. \m/
and now that i realized it, i've been in Ds for quite a while thanks to the friendly community of DS so far. Very Happy

Camille`Way

Godlike Posts: 1139 Joined: 15 Sep 2008 16447 gold

Boots-chan wrote:
Because you are! ^_^;
Seriously, Guinsoo is wonderful on her. Try it!

Being able to TP is important btw, on any hero, and QoP is no exception. You should always have scrolls on you to a) defend b) farm fast! c) gank d) escape.

Yeah, blink is a great escape skill, but QoP is often farming at distant, awkward locations and blink is sometimes not enough if 5 heroes (with disables) jump out at you and you need to get out of there before they show up.

Well Im sorry.. T.T..
I know this would happen... that's why i said..
But hey thats me.. T.T

Reply to topic - Quick Reply
Page 1 of 2    Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic   View next topic