Heroes        Page 1 of 5        Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Storm Spirit Guide

DotaStrategy.com Forum Index > Heroes > Storm Spirit Guide

This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
áGoto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

SaNi-SaNi-SaNi

First Blood Posts: 31 Joined: 20 Nov 2009 869 gold

Storm Spirit Guide



after 1 month or maby more of playing Ivoker i change my hero.. now its Storm Spirit. I read all 3 guides for him but i still dont know what to buy for him... Cuz in one of the item guides... Dont buy Radiance,Desolator,Skadi,.. but in other one is "best item" for him... -.- so.. im asking all of you who will read my post what do you think? not only these 3 guys who make guide... Thank you!
_________________
All You Need Is DOTA!

All I Need Is DOTA!

All We Need Is DOTA!

All People Need Is DOTA!!!!!!!

S T O R M


Reply with quoteView user's profileSend private message


Back to top
 

android_245

Godlike Posts: 2177 Joined: 16 May 2009 38551 gold



Gah, I'm not exactly sure what you're asking.

But if you're asking best item for Storm Spirit, then its Bloodstone.
_________________

DS Steam Group


Reply with quoteView user's profileSend private messageVisit poster's website


Back to top
 

madsbent

Monster Kill Posts: 268 Joined: 26 Jan 2009 7276 gold



i start with pt (int), go for bloodstone and later guinsoo / shivas .. i think these items are his core items
_________________


Reply with quoteView user's profileSend private message


Back to top
 

Ramirox

Monster Kill Posts: 379 Joined: 28 Nov 2008 Warnings : 1 9298 gold



Bloodstone is a must, any boots are okay, shivas after and dagon for pubs
_________________



PORN IN UBE WILL NEVER BE FORGOTTEN
R.I.P. UBE....

STRAWBERRY YOGURT W/ BANANA + MILK & FROSTIES MILKSHAKE AT 3 AM FOR THE WIN.


Reply with quoteView user's profileSend private message


Back to top
 

madsbent

Monster Kill Posts: 268 Joined: 26 Jan 2009 7276 gold



Ramirox wrote:
Bloodstone is a must, any boots are okay, shivas after and dagon for pubs


imo dagon isnt a good item early on for storm. he need his mana to use the ulti, or then you cant chase your opponent down
_________________


Reply with quoteView user's profileSend private message


Back to top
 

Tsakaman

Godlike Posts: 1480 Joined: 27 Jul 2008 34049 gold



Actually guinsoo > bloodstone.
_________________



Reply with quoteView user's profileSend private message


Back to top
 

roffel

Monster Kill Posts: 418 Joined: 16 Mar 2009 16014 gold



It all depends mate. I've grown rather confident in Storm.

For skillbuild;

If you are laning with another person you should go;

1 remnant
2 overload
3-5 vortex
6 ball lightning
7 vortex
8-10 remnant
Then max overload
then get ball lightning at 15 and 16

If you solo I suggest going;
remnant
overload
remnant
vortex
remnant
ulti
remnant
max vortex

You can choose different types of itembuilds. My favourite is rushing bloodstone.

Starting items;

2x mantles 2x branches 1x tangos 1x salve (or 2x tangos, whatever you prefer)

Trying to get a pointbooster first, then finish perse. If you want to, finish perse. first. Depending on your lane you get void or RoH first (if you get harassed and find yourself out of reg items)

After you I get pers I usually go boots of speed. After I finish bloodstone I get int pt's then 2 nulls. After that it is just up to team needs;

Orchid is good versus spell spammers, it also gives you nice damage, mana reg and attackspeed.

Guinsoo is nice to take down carries or DPs heroes.

Shivas is good for pushing, linkens is good for survivability.

If you plan on be an early game carry/ganker you could opt for dagon + bottle, same build there. Then go for BS. Dont upgrade dagon, keep it at lvl 1. It's a killer really.

However, for most games I'd suggest you to try to get solo mid, and rush bloodstone, it is by far the best all-around build for him IMO.

After bs, guinsoo is always top notch.

You should be able to get atleast;

Guinsoo, Bloodstone, 2xnulls and int pt's every game, and a bottle if you want to. It's quite easy to achieve with him, considering his super farming ability with remnant + overload, aswell as his awesome escape mechanism.
_________________
Bad Boy For Life
-B@D-


Reply with quoteView user's profileSend private message


Back to top
 

SaNi-SaNi-SaNi

First Blood Posts: 31 Joined: 20 Nov 2009 869 gold



dagon take lot of mana.. i should buy it only in lategame when i have enought mana
_________________
All You Need Is DOTA!

All I Need Is DOTA!

All We Need Is DOTA!

All People Need Is DOTA!!!!!!!

S T O R M


Reply with quoteView user's profileSend private message


Back to top
 

aris000

Godlike Posts: 1093 Joined: 01 Feb 2009 Warnings : 1 32013 gold



in late game dagon is useless.it is better in early-mid game

Reply with quoteView user's profileSend private messageSend e-mail


Back to top
 

SaNi-SaNi-SaNi

First Blood Posts: 31 Joined: 20 Nov 2009 869 gold



roffel wrote:
It all depends mate. I've grown rather confident in Storm.

For skillbuild;

If you are laning with another person you should go;

1 remnant
2 overload
3-5 vortex
6 ball lightning
7 vortex
8-10 remnant
Then max overload
then get ball lightning at 15 and 16

If you solo I suggest going;
remnant
overload
remnant
vortex
remnant
ulti
remnant
max vortex

You can choose different types of itembuilds. My favourite is rushing bloodstone.

Starting items;

2x mantles 2x branches 1x tangos 1x salve (or 2x tangos, whatever you prefer)

Trying to get a pointbooster first, then finish perse. If you want to, finish perse. first. Depending on your lane you get void or RoH first (if you get harassed and find yourself out of reg items)

After you I get pers I usually go boots of speed. After I finish bloodstone I get int pt's then 2 nulls. After that it is just up to team needs;

Orchid is good versus spell spammers, it also gives you nice damage, mana reg and attackspeed.

Guinsoo is nice to take down carries or DPs heroes.

Shivas is good for pushing, linkens is good for survivability.

If you plan on be an early game carry/ganker you could opt for dagon + bottle, same build there. Then go for BS. Dont upgrade dagon, keep it at lvl 1. It's a killer really.

However, for most games I'd suggest you to try to get solo mid, and rush bloodstone, it is by far the best all-around build for him IMO.

After bs, guinsoo is always top notch.

You should be able to get atleast;

Guinsoo, Bloodstone, 2xnulls and int pt's every game, and a bottle if you want to. It's quite easy to achieve with him, considering his super farming ability with remnant + overload, aswell as his awesome escape mechanism.

wow nice... i am sure i will remember your words.. thx man thanks a lot
_________________
All You Need Is DOTA!

All I Need Is DOTA!

All We Need Is DOTA!

All People Need Is DOTA!!!!!!!

S T O R M


Reply with quoteView user's profileSend private message


Back to top
 

madsbent

Monster Kill Posts: 268 Joined: 26 Jan 2009 7276 gold

Re: Storm Spirit Guide



SaNi-SaNi-SaNi wrote:
after 1 month or maby more of playing Ivoker i change my hero.. now its Storm Spirit. I read all 3 guides for him but i still dont know what to buy for him... Cuz in one of the item guides... Dont buy Radiance,Desolator,Skadi,.. but in other one is "best item" for him... -.- so.. im asking all of you who will read my post what do you think? not only these 3 guys who make guide... Thank you!

but then again mate, try look at his skills before posting things like this. his ulti needs huge ammount of mana, then why go desolator or radiance which dont provide with mana? sometimes you need to think before posting. any mana regen / int+ items are good for storm, but imo the best is bs because you can achieve many charges which provide with alot of regen!
_________________


Reply with quoteView user's profileSend private message


Back to top
 

SaNi-SaNi-SaNi

First Blood Posts: 31 Joined: 20 Nov 2009 869 gold



aris000 wrote:
in late game dagon is useless.it is better in early-mid game

you are right in one point but.. you use dagon 2 time max 3 and your mana is off :S ah.. i will see about dagon... if there will be some low hp heroes maby i could buy it Smile
_________________
All You Need Is DOTA!

All I Need Is DOTA!

All We Need Is DOTA!

All People Need Is DOTA!!!!!!!

S T O R M


Reply with quoteView user's profileSend private message


Back to top
 

android_245

Godlike Posts: 2177 Joined: 16 May 2009 38551 gold



SaNi-SaNi-SaNi wrote:
aris000 wrote:
in late game dagon is useless.it is better in early-mid game

you are right in one point but.. you use dagon 2 time max 3 and your mana is off :S ah.. i will see about dagon... if there will be some low hp heroes maby i could buy it Smile

I don't think its a good idea to get Dagon because its expensive. You can easily kill low HP heroes with your skills and your ganking abilities.
_________________

DS Steam Group


Reply with quoteView user's profileSend private messageVisit poster's website


Back to top
 

The Ronin

Monster Kill Posts: 253 Joined: 07 Feb 2008 Warnings : 1 10394 gold



I know why the one guide says desolater is best, the other guide says desolater sucks. because storm spirit is changed. the old storm was a dps'er, the new storm is a spammer. read the last guide about him
_________________



Reply with quoteView user's profileSend private message


Back to top
 

DaMan2000

Beyond Godlike Posts: 3084 Joined: 19 Aug 2008 53013 gold



Tsakaman wrote:
Actually guinsoo > bloodstone.


It depends on how well you're farmed. Generally, Bloodstone is easier to assemble due to all of its requirements being 1200 gold or less. If you rush 3000 gold, then I would suggest going straight for a mystic staff.
_________________
Photobucket

Read my Writer's Block Entry for Sept-Oct

http://www.dotastrategy.com/forum/ftopic24881.html

Betcha didnt see this, did you? XD


Reply with quoteView user's profileSend private message


Back to top
 
 
This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies. - Quick Reply
Page 1 of 5    Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next


View previous topic   View next topic
All times are GMT

Display posts from previous:    

You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You cannot attach files in this forum
You can download files in this forum


Jump to:  


DotaStrategy.com Forum Index    .    Heroes
Subscribe to Feed