Heroes        Page 1 of 6        Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next / Jump to Page

Best Carry In DotA??

DotaStrategy.com Forum Index > Heroes > Best Carry In DotA??

Reply to topic
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next / Jump to Page

Total Votes: 110

Is troll warlord a good carry?

No ending time set.
No 18% [ 20 ]
18%

Situational 43% [ 48 ]
43%

Yes 38% [ 42 ]
38%

RAC1ST

Monster Kill Posts: 423 Joined: 11 Aug 2010 Warnings : 5 16540 gold

Best Carry In DotA??

Who is/are the best carries in DotA?? Who are not that good of carries that people think are good carries?? Are the best carries always situational or is there a best "all around" carry for any situation??

I think the best carries in DotA are Naga Siren and Morphling.
I also think that troll is a much worse carry than he is believed to be. Some people believe that he is best carry but I have heard on many occasions that he isnt a good carry at all. Let me know your thoughts.

Reply with quoteView user's profileSend private message

Wolf-4-Life

Dominating Posts: 140 Joined: 29 Jul 2010 Warnings : 1 3894 gold

Every hero is situational, regardless of his role.Even Morph coz if he has a bad early game(mass disables/nukes/stuns) he wont be able to do anything.And for the best carry..Never or Potm.

Reply with quoteView user's profileSend private messageVisit poster's website

nny2567

Mega Kill Posts: 591 Joined: 27 Aug 2008 Warnings : 1 15951 gold

Wolf-4-Life wrote:
Every hero is situational, regardless of his role.Even Morph coz if he has a bad early game(mass disables/nukes/stuns) he wont be able to do anything.And for the best carry..Never or Potm.

Nevermore and Potm are both ganking/DPS semi-carries that get outshined so hard late game it makes the other DPS carries laugh at them as the rejects

As far as Carry goes the carry is the one who contributes the most to the team winning so basically every hero in the game can carry.

There are just quite a few sub catagories of such. The most commonly referenced is the DPS carry like Troll Warlord, Void, or PL.

Another common carry is the Ganking Carry who ganks the other team enough so that their team has a huge advantage and is able to win.

These go on for awhile but you get the jist- Everthing is situational.

@Troll he can carry quite well and quite faster than most DPS carries thanks to his jungling capabilities as well as having massive burst attack speed for bashing purposes but at the same time he is required to have a good team or he will fail; this is such for all carries though.

Thank You SinClare for the awesome sig Very Happy
Let there be peace on earth in DS
And let it begin with me.

chieflazyarse

Dominating Posts: 116 Joined: 26 Jan 2010 3396 gold

nny2567 wrote:
Wolf-4-Life wrote:

Nevermore and Potm are both ganking/DPS semi-carries that get outshined so hard late game it makes the other DPS carries laugh at them as the rejects

As far as Carry goes the carry is the one who contributes the most to the team winning so basically every hero in the game can carry.

There are just quite a few sub catagories of such. The most commonly referenced is the DPS carry like Troll Warlord, Void, or PL.

Another common carry is the Ganking Carry who ganks the other team enough so that their team has a huge advantage and is able to win.

These go on for awhile but you get the jist- Everthing is situational.

@Troll he can carry quite well and quite faster than most DPS carries thanks to his jungling capabilities as well as having massive burst attack speed for bashing purposes but at the same time he is required to have a good team or he will fail; this is such for all carries though.
Nevermore is reject late game?? -12 armor and +120 damage with just one of his cores is scary shit as far as I'm concerned add in BKB and his ulti they won't be laughing for long though I'm inclined to agree with you about POTM she is a ganker pure and simple

tryss

Killing Spree Posts: 97 Joined: 11 Jan 2008 Warnings : 1 2711 gold

Deso isn't a core. BKB and blink are core. Deso is optional. But for me I would just get lifesteal or manta

Omega Dragrus X

Mega Kill Posts: 542 Joined: 14 Jul 2008 18557 gold

@tryss
huh? o_O

@topic
troll is a hard core carry that needs hard core farming that can only kill lone heroes for now till it has been fed making it impractical for late game use since it's skills are melee-range transformation, an anti-DPS skill, AS boost skill and a Global AS boost skill in which personally, not all heroes can benefit nonetheless, a good support skill.

In pub play, troll can become great. WIth your advantage of pubs being unknown to each other, coordination is hard. In league play, troll is food, practically no escape mechanism and a disable that doesn't help him escape from ganks. Even babysitting him tri-lane is very bothersome.

There are no good carries since there are no such thing as an independent carry. They rely on babysitters, supporters, ganking others for gold until they are fed, that's when they become sort of independent. IMO, that is.

christian_santos

Killing Spree Posts: 54 Joined: 01 Sep 2007 Warnings : 1 1779 gold

for me, nevermore and tinker. both can farm their core items easily because of their skills. a tinker with guinsoo is really scary Enraged
Smilies are ON

silentzero

Godlike Posts: 2194 Joined: 12 Feb 2009 93963 gold

What makes a carry

SCII: SeltzerioN - 125
HearthStone: SeltzerioN - #1356
LoL: silentzero
Steam: SeltzerioN

quale

Chambermaid Posts: 2522 Joined: 13 Aug 2007 64575 gold

Troll Warlord is a good carry. he is one of those heroes who is labeled as permastunner (like Faceless Void). unfortunately like Omega_Dragrus mentioned, Troll concentrates at one target at a time. he desperately needs assistance in team clashes - most carry heroes does anyway.

other types of carries are:

- illusion-based like Terrorblade and Azwraith. they attack in numbers. they need items that boosts their stats so that their illusions can be as stronger as the original.

- DPS heroes like Mortred and Nevermore. they kill their targets pretty fast. they need items that boosts their attack speed and damage.

- caster-type like Tinker. read silentzero's link above this post.

- tank can be a carry like Rigwarl. click this link to read my Bristleback guide and learn how. ^_^

Anti_SEWer_rattt

First Blood Posts: 4 Joined: 28 Oct 2010 297 gold

Spectre
Im Not Worthy

Wolf-4-Life

Dominating Posts: 140 Joined: 29 Jul 2010 Warnings : 1 3894 gold

Why wouldn't PotM be a carry? ofc, she is played ganker-style but later on with her diff/deso and manta she becomes a viable carry.Maybe Tinker then(though i see him as a great pusher/ganker than carry)

neimi

Godlike Posts: 1017 Joined: 21 Jan 2008 Warnings : 2 46989 gold

PotM doesnt have a good stat gain nor good starting stats. she doesnt have good base dmg nor good BAT. she only has leap which increases her attackspeed. how do you thionk she can be a semi carry?

@guy who said nevermore is weak.

how is nevermore weak?
he farms 6 items by the time a late game carry farms 3.he has a free dez.(60 dmg and -5 armor)he has good BAT. why would he be weak alte game?

strongest late game carries IMO are TB( probably the best carry but needs farm like no other hero in dota), choas knight, sylla(12 items anyone?), PL(unbelievable dps), void, AM, tinker(the best carry in terms of pushing i think), OD.

other carries can be
-silencer ( if this guy get a total of 50 kills+ assists your screwed)
-pudge can carry after the buff to his 3rd skill and to scepter.( if game goes on for too long its gg)
-invoker can carry in terms of battle control and dpsing using spells in team battles.

so this means basicly anyone can carry

too often, we lose sight of life's simple pleasures. Remember, when someone annoys you it takes 42 muscles in your face to frown, BUT, it only takes 4 muscles to extend your arm and bitch-slap that mother@#?!&! upside the head

Pass it on...

happy now Neoaly?

WestVenom

First Blood Posts: 8 Joined: 11 Jun 2009 251 gold

troll is one of the good carries..but not the best...coz he doesn't have any escape mechanism..he can be ganked and died easily..plenty of wards can disrupt him from jungling..
for me the best carries are void and phantom lancer~
void has timelock which has same function as bash..he has backtrack and escape mechanism as well..and if he is farmed well..wif batefury..he can kill plenty of opponents by chronosphere~
at late game...pl illusion are so annoying...looks like infinite..and he has invis as well..and a quite effective slow~
Cool

RAC1ST

Monster Kill Posts: 423 Joined: 11 Aug 2010 Warnings : 5 16540 gold

neimi wrote:
PotM doesnt have a good stat gain nor good starting stats. she doesnt have good base dmg nor good BAT. she only has leap which increases her attackspeed. how do you thionk she can be a semi carry?

@guy who said nevermore is weak.

how is nevermore weak?
he farms 6 items by the time a late game carry farms 3.he has a free dez.(60 dmg and -5 armor)he has good BAT. why would he be weak alte game?

strongest late game carries IMO are TB( probably the best carry but needs farm like no other hero in dota), choas knight, sylla(12 items anyone?), PL(unbelievable dps), void, AM, tinker(the best carry in terms of pushing i think), OD.

other carries can be
-silencer ( if this guy get a total of 50 kills+ assists your screwed)
-pudge can carry after the buff to his 3rd skill and to scepter.( if game goes on for too long its gg)
-invoker can carry in terms of battle control and dpsing using spells in team battles.

so this means basicly anyone can carry

umm PotM's leap does not increase attack speed...

@topic

I think that Naga and Morph are still better late game carries then Nevermore or Troll Morphling with Satanic and Manta is beastly... I mean in a non em game that is played by friends or opposing clans, Troll is not the ideal carry in any situation. Like someone said before he has no escape method unless you get lothars which delays your cores and is easily countered. Morph has wave form and a stun and Naga has her ult and net!

serpentson

Beyond Godlike Posts: 2595 Joined: 16 Jul 2007 Warnings : 2 74785 gold

Morphling used to be one of the very best carries in dota, now with his nerf to ult (cant replicate illusions) he becomes significantly weaker, placing him around #5 in terms of agi dps carries.

PL, Drow, and Medusa would be the top 3 carries, IMO. All of them need much fewer items to be effective dps-carries than heroes like potm or troll.

Troll is very strong at his role. The main problem is that his role requires a very strong team with very specific ability types in order for him to be effective. Lion, Enigma, Magnus, Rhasta, etc are good allies for him because he needs multiple disables to be very effective. The problem with permabashers is any hero that gets evasion or ghost sceptre can't be permastunned. Ghost sceptre, you just cant hit, and with evasion, you can't get a proper lock on the target. A hero like panda brewmaster completely counters troll, because troll can't get an mkb to aviod missing, which other carries can if required (mini-bash/bash stacking) So panda, who has built in evasion and a miss debuff, will beat troll every day of the weak.
Serpentson knows what he's talking about.

Reply to topic - Quick Reply
Page 1 of 6    Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next / Jump to Page

View previous topic   View next topic