DotA Replays        Page 1 of 1       

Most interesting day - being accused of MH

DotaStrategy.com Forum Index > DotA Replays > Most interesting day - being accused of MH

Reply to topic
á

caspian

Imperator Posts: 3278 Joined: 27 Mar 2007 82596 gold

Most interesting day - being accused of MH

Yesterday I had the most interesting day ever.

FYI I played casual, once against a "clan" of friends (as Luna) and once against a Leshrac I played with before (as Zeus). So I was like "Ok let's follow the drill" and just used whatever strategy I knew about both heroes, and adding in some mind-game shit that I knew.

Then the following dropped the bombs:

Spectre:
MH Luna

Leshrac:
MH Zeus

In short, what do I think about all this? Garena and Dota is so infected with MH that even innocent people liek me can be accused of it. Laughing Laughing Laughing

On a more serious note, I don't think this is good for Dota. Dota 2 seriously had better resolve all these MH issues or many people like me will really consider whether it's worth playing it anymore Scared

Reply with quoteView user's profileSend private message

BlackCommandoXI

First Blood Posts: 18 Joined: 17 Aug 2009 1367 gold

I know the feeling. Its nice to know that you are good enough at the game to be called a hacker.
Anyway. I agree. Hopefully Dota 2 will resolve these issues.

mawhpawh

Monster Kill Posts: 392 Joined: 05 May 2009 Warnings : 3 16509 gold

Move to Russia, MH sees you there. Or so I've heard.
BattleNet EU. I have never accused someone for Maphacking there. Because it rarely happends, and i don't even notice if they do. Maybe 1/15 games someone says someone is maphacking.

static_sickness

First Blood Posts: 16 Joined: 01 Oct 2010 592 gold

seems like a clever way to show off how much you pwned.

-Static on micro/macro

RAC1ST

Monster Kill Posts: 423 Joined: 11 Aug 2010 Warnings : 5 16540 gold

BlackCommandoXI wrote:
I know the feeling. Its nice to know that you are good enough at the game to be called a hacker.
Anyway. I agree. Hopefully Dota 2 will resolve these issues.

Yeah man +1 to that. Except I have a bad feeling that dota 2 is a gigantic troll by icefrog. No new info since november 1st? Im getting worried.

@topic

This is your typical pub response. I got kicked and banned before because I was the carry and I KSed. I was the ONLY carry too. Its better if the carry gets the -bleep- kill lolz. I got kicked and banned once because I was the only one who warded as Tauren Cheiftan and they went to rosh and I unleashed my combo on their team. Then they yelled MH MH MH and what do you know... kicked. Kids on Bnet these days are utter pricks who have basically made thousands of people better than them quit dota because they are so annoying. All they do is rage and it has ruined the popularity of dota in the USA. Hence why dota is slowly dying along with this site :'(

My Puck Guide
My deviantART

Ne0aly

Godlike Posts: 2134 Joined: 08 Jan 2010 Warnings : 8 63177 gold

Rules are meant to be broken. The only red still playing dota? Miracle.

Be nice and reply "shit how do you know", "hax skills bitch" or "don't touch the replay button, your accusations will be invalid".

crazyjane

Dominating Posts: 135 Joined: 05 Dec 2007 4300 gold

Everytime an opposing team member asks how did you know I was there? or anything of the sort I always reply "hax its gotta be hax qqqq"

people mh but it really is rare, mostly nubs get mad and say that because they havent played dota enough to realize that you can be seen without seeing anyone else.

fog of war on elevation and such

RAC1ST

I was playing in a clan battle and one of the kids on our team got banned because the other clan thought he was hacking. The cheiftans of both clans are good friends and neither of them were even playing. Even though we explained the situation to them and vouched for this kid, he wasnt unbanned. Its really annoying when people yell MH. When I accuse someone of MHing I dont yell MH I just ask how they knew where I was or what have you. Usually they will say wards or give me an explanation which helps calm me down about it. Basically our teammate was batrider and he casted his napalm on phantom lancer and then he doppled so batrider followed his path directly and kept napalming. When napalm is casted there is a ticker of how many stacks an opponent has on them that you can see EVEN if they go invisible. We were trying to explain this but no one cared. User was perma banned. Thank you bnet noobs.

My Puck Guide
My deviantART

serpentson

Beyond Godlike Posts: 2595 Joined: 16 Jul 2007 Warnings : 2 74785 gold

blizzard started watching for mh in custom games too, and people risk having their cd keys banned for mhing on bnet, so i sugest playing there. the only other option is to not allow 3rd party programs to affect the gaming platform. While this was too hard too implement in wc3 era, it should be available for dota2.
Serpentson knows what he's talking about.

BlackCommandoXI

First Blood Posts: 18 Joined: 17 Aug 2009 1367 gold

Its kind of sad that so many people are being banned because they are playing the game well.
I am curious about opinions on programs like war-keys for remapping hot keys as well. And what the general opinion of that is?

RAC1ST

Warkeys is useful if you are tired of using the default shortcuts for skills on heroes. You can make all of their spells trigger with Q,W,E, and R instead of more spread out letter hotkeys. TBH warkeys are very very useful for microing... Meepo, Invoker, Visage, Nerubian Assasin... ect or if you get Necromicon. As for item hotkeys, I have a razer imperator and Iset my item hotkeys which are by default numpad 7 8 4 5 1 2 respectively. It takes you game to the next level.

My Puck Guide
My deviantART

TexasMassacre

Monster Kill Posts: 399 Joined: 05 Dec 2010 Warnings : 9 11806 gold

go play on btnet man, or rgc or somewhere else... no reason to leave dota for those dudes

Jim888

Dominating Posts: 102 Joined: 06 Oct 2008 3026 gold

Yeah, any time I use wards in a pub I get accused of MHing.

something else I've run into recently, I'll farm really well in the first 10 min, and then die once, maybe twice (to ganks, or being a little too aggressive) and there will be 2-3 friends on my team who all ask the opposing team to kick me claiming that I'm intentionality feeding (so they can get my gold)...another form of "Cheating" if you ask me.

its happened 3 times in the past week

DaMan2000

Beyond Godlike Posts: 3084 Joined: 19 Aug 2008 53013 gold

@RAC1ST

I wish warkeys worked on my comp. Sadly I still gotta move my left hand back and forth from the number pad LOL

I've had my share of playing with mhers. To be honest, most of them are pretty bad even with mh. I remember a Pudge throwing random hooks at my friend Clinkz when he was invis. Its not like what you think. Clinkz goes from top lane to mid to gank Pudge. Hes invis the whole time. Pudge retreats to his tower and just chucks a hook at Clinkz. I laughed pretty hard at Pudge. For the entire game, the pudge was like maybe 3/25 on hooks Very Happy

This other time, my teammate Pudge used an invis rune and scouted the enemy jungle. Their Huskar for no reason stopped attacking a 20% hp centaur and started running weirdly. He was shuffling left and right trying to avoid the invis Pudge. LOL that was pretty funny too. Huskar ended up getting hooked so justice was done Bleh!

Usually when people act suspiciously (like stop pushing a defenceless tower to gank a hero in the jungle), I check for obs with sentries. 80% of the time, I dont find any wards

Read my Writer's Block Entry for Sept-Oct

http://www.dotastrategy.com/forum/ftopic24881.html

Betcha didnt see this, did you? XD

micromacro

Monster Kill Posts: 374 Joined: 25 Apr 2010 Warnings : 1 10578 gold

DotA isn't a game where people who play at different skill levels can enjoy.

If you're a high level player and you play with low level players, you will get annoyed at the lack of what for you is standard strats and tactics and the low level player will get frustrated becuase you expect so much from him. This leads to flaming, quitting and MH accusing.

Reply to topic - Quick Reply
Page 1 of 1    

View previous topic   View next topic