No ending time set.
Support 55% [ 20 ]
55%

Killer 44% [ 16 ]
44%

AXCELACCEL

Mega Kill Posts: 721 Joined: 12 Jul 2007 20005 gold

item build for dark seer

i like dark seer, but no idea what items he could benefit with. By the way how do you play dark seer?

Reply with quoteView user's profileSend private message

Brainlos

First Blood Posts: 1 Joined: 22 Oct 2007 26 gold

first i get powder treads then perseverance and then shiva guard

Reply with quoteView user's profileSend private messageICQ Number

Tokemus

Beyond Godlike Posts: 3200 Joined: 09 Feb 2007 Warnings : 8 51525 gold

To me, Dark Seer is one of the crappiest late game heroes. I've tried a few builds on him and unless I did really good early game and stopped most of the enemies from farming up, then the game goes in my favor. But when my team needs a late game hero and not a mild support hero, I don't know what to do. I haven't tried any of the new items on him yet but just know that I have never seen a killer build on Dark Seer ever work.

I EFFING LOVE YOU THUNDERCRAKER! (For the sig)
My compilation of DotA screenshots

catch22

Killing Spree Posts: 84 Joined: 01 Jun 2007 3136 gold

I remember the first time i played Dark Seer i hated him hardcore... couldn't see what to do with him. He is a definite support/pushing hero, none of his spells are really well-geared towards 1v1 combat.

In terms of items: Radiance first (it syncs well with his shield) then sheepstick/mkb/AC/whatever i guess. To be honest all you need to go well with him is a Radiance though, afterwards just pick your poison. I might start playing him a lot (he's by no means a regular pick of mine) and get a guide going on him after I've finished my current one if people want it.

the_flash08

Killing Spree Posts: 78 Joined: 31 Aug 2007 Warnings : 1 2453 gold

powerthreads
battlefury
radiance

Reply with quoteView user's profileSend private messageYahoo MessengerMSN Messenger

jjshen

Mega Kill Posts: 534 Joined: 19 Jun 2007 15526 gold

The new heroes are excellent support. You can get kills with dark seer but they will be mainly from clean up.

His vacuum is good for punching heroes together for ally ultis such as witch doctor or people with cleave.

Is power surge is good for ally heroes to chase and run away

Ion shield is a good melee deterant (is that how you spell it)

His ulti is good in big battles to confuse everyone (even your own allies)

as far as builds go, radiance is the most common but i much prefer shiva's guard

shazzam66

Innocence Proves Nothing
Godlike Posts: 1466 Joined: 09 Jul 2007 Warnings : 1 31910 gold

i rekon
treads or bot
radiance
linkins
shivas
and guinsoo
ftw

SacredSpectre

First Blood Posts: 1 Joined: 22 Oct 2011 106 gold

@brainlos thats new! powder threads??? lol

andigel

Killing Spree Posts: 98 Joined: 09 Feb 2009 2656 gold

core item build:
soul ring
phase boots
orb of venom
force staff
meka
aghanim scepter

extended /optional:
radiance
asssault cuirass
sheepstick
shiva

Juz kill me now will ya.

ntts

Dominating Posts: 179 Joined: 09 Mar 2009 6071 gold

boots,later phase,vanguard,radiance,maelstrom later mjolnir,then it's up to you

Reply with quoteView user's profileSend private messageYahoo Messenger

Soro

Killing Spree Posts: 62 Joined: 11 Mar 2011 8214 gold

Epic Necro is epic. SAME DATE 4 YEARS LATER LOL
O/T
Cores: Soul Ring early on for solving your mana problems, vanguard, boots of speed.
Then extend into either meka, hex, shivas or radiance
Situational/Luxury: Blademail, Pipe, Forcestaff, Necrominicon, Sceptre, shivas or hex(if not purchased earlier)

Jungling on ds works quite well, with a few pulls here and there. Ds is just an exceptional farmer, but honestly, doesn't benefit too much from the farm. It is far better to leave the farm for your carries. Stack easy creep camps to farm up quickly, if necessary ion shell and vacuum to decimate creep waves.

In teamfights, your role is just to setup your teammates and disrupt as much as possible. Pop your ulti and vacuum enemies into it and try to keep ion shell on yourself or another melee. Surge any of your allies that are dying to save them.

nwa4life

Godlike Posts: 1655 Joined: 20 Dec 2007 50735 gold

He's a supportive semi carry. Similar to clock. He can stop pushes and he can farm fast.

He has serious mana issues.. So soul ring. No.1. I hate this item.. But it's super good on him. Ur shell is 140 and u can spam it whenever u use soul ring. Also the regen from it u can then use ur vac.

Arcane boots or phase boots is good. More mana or more mobility.

Urn or moc. Also can. More regen. Also some beef. As well as it helps support and frees up a slot for Ur support. Vg or hood. Both strong and useful. Wand if u want. Don't need to upgrade since u should be buff.. Jango for ur team.. Then in late game.. Rad hex or shiva. Anything else heart. Nothing more or less.

Optional items: vlads. Push harder. BM. U get focused.. Make them pay. Alway surge ur supports to chase. Always vac more than 1. Towards.. Always have ion shell on melée carry/unit. Meka to heal. Necrobook if u can. Forcestaff coz it's op..

Have fun.

Vist my Es guide.

Reply with quoteView user's profileSend private messageSend e-mailMSN Messenger

ripguns21

Monster Kill Posts: 339 Joined: 22 Feb 2010 12354 gold

Wow here's some absurd builds! Smile

I prefer playing Dark Seer as support in jungle. Farm him up a Soul Ring an Vanguard fast, cores complete. Mek is up next as your main support item. Vladi and Pipe also if you are having trouble pushing or with team fights respectively. Sheepstick if all went well. For bootsI usually go for Treads or Arcane, depends on allies most of the time. Ghoster could make an analysis on Dark Seer to explain some points in-depth some more.

Credit to Hyperion1O1 (fixed) for having the signature so I could copy it.
Steam Name: Flame Haze

Reply with quoteView user's profileSend private messageSend e-mailYahoo Messenger

captain_tesca

Godlike Posts: 1469 Joined: 01 Sep 2008 13089 gold

SacredSpectre wrote:
@brainlos thats new! powder threads??? lol

Most helpful reply and necro ever.

@topic
I'm not that potent at him but I can say that you can only truly own with this guy (as a carry) if your enemies are less skilled (maybe your around 4x better than them). Otherwise, he's a better support with Boots of Speed (Travel if you'll be ganking big time, Arcane if you're babysitting), RoB (Vlad is situational of course), and a luxury int item of your choice (guinsoo/euls/shiva) Guinsoo > Shiva > Euls on this guy.

<insert other support items such as janggo, urn and others>

but basically I feel Boots-RoB/Vlad-Luxury is already fine. HP issues could be dealt with by some bracers.

ghoster88

Monster Kill Posts: 301 Joined: 05 Feb 2010 13897 gold

ripguns21 wrote:
Wow here's some absurd builds! Smile

Ghoster could make an analysis on Dark Seer to explain some points in-depth some more.

You are in luck dear RipGuns. I actually already made an analysis on him quite awhile ago, he was my 9th one. Here's the link

http://www.dotastrategy.com/forum/ftopic30495.html

You can always check the Database in the Library as well Wink Like the hero but he's situational and I think Daman2000 said it well, you won't find much use for him without the AOE moves to back up his power. That post was written before the Aghanim's buff which is still stupid. The base Wall should copy your own heroes. Shouldn't have to be on Scepter.

Me-"It's a dota breakthrough!"

Reply to topic - Quick Reply
Page 1 of 2    Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic   View next topic