Bone Clinkz, The Bone Fletcher.
Created by BibleBash on 2006-10-16
Last modified: -
Viewed 288548 times
Fire a large number of arrows in a short time period.
Level 1 - 90% increased attack speed. Lasts 4 seconds.
Level 2 - 90% increased attack speed. Lasts 6 seconds.
Level 3 - 90% increased attack speed. Lasts 8 seconds.
Level 4 - 90% increased attack speed. Lasts 10 seconds.
• Bone Fletcher will get an animation on him for the duration of the spell, showing that it's currently active.
Mana Cost: 90
Comment: Learn this right after you maxed out Searing Arrows asap. This is your second most important skill. Ensures you get the gold from bringing down the tower 99% of the time and works perfectly well in your hero-killing tactic. Never attempt to use this skill during early-game, on creeps or without Power Treads.
Increases the damage of the Hero's attack by adding fire. Bonus damage works on buildings.
Level 1 - 20 bonus damage.
Level 2 - 30 bonus damage.
Level 3 - 40 bonus damage.
Level 4 - 50 bonus damage.
• Searing Arrows is an orb effect. non buff placer.
• Searing Arrows deal damage to structures.
• Casting range: 600
Mana Cost: 8
Comment: The only nuke you have. Max out this skill asap. Although it was nerved a little in 6.37, its still extremely useful in both farming, harrassing and hero-killing. A 600 range nuke for only 5 mana and 0 cooldown at level 4 is extremely worth it.
Turn invisible for a period of time, increasing movement speed.
Level 1 - 10% increased movement speed, lasts for 20 seconds.
Level 2 - 20% increased movement speed, lasts for 25 seconds.
Level 3 - 30% increased movement speed, lasts for 30 seconds.
Level 4 - 40% increased movement speed, lasts for 35 seconds.
• Bone Fletcher can go through units when under the effects of Wind Walk.
• Will not break most channeling of spells or items upon activation.
• When attacking, invisibility is broken before the projectile reaches the target.
Mana Cost: 75
Comment: Your escape and hero-chasing tool. Only learn 1 level of Wind Walk during early game for safety purposes. 28% increased movement speed at level 4 with Power Treads = 467MS. Most heroes will lose out to you in terms of MS.
Kills a target unit and gains bonus damage and HP capacity based on that target's current health when killed. Bonuses last for 35 seconds.
Level 1 - Gains 50% HP and 4% damage of the killed unit's HP
Level 2 - Gains 60% HP and 6% damage of the killed unit's HP
Level 3 - Gains 70% HP and 8% damage of the killed unit's HP
• If the target is an enemy or neutral unit, it will give the Clinkz the correct gold and experience bounty.
• Bone Fletcher gains HP capacity based on the HP of the target. Increases his current and max HP by a certain amount.
• When the duration ends, the max HP returns to normal, but the current HP remains the same.
• Bonus damage is also a percentage of the killed unit's HP.
Mana Cost: 100
Comment: Good for pushing and preventing you from making trips to the fountain late-game. Never get this during early-mid game because you will not have sufficient mana for other skills. Get this only when you finished learning all the other skills.
Skill Build:1. Wind Walk
2. Searing Arrows
4. Searing Arrows
5. Searing Arrows
7. Searing Arrows
10. Wind Walk
11. Wind Walk
12. Wind Walk
16. Death Pact
17. Death Pact
18. Death Pact
Power Treads (1400)
60 Movement Speed
30 Attack Speed
8 Selected Attribute
Active: Switch Attribute
Switches the attribute that receives a bonus. From Strength to Intelligence, Intelligence to Agility, and Agility to Strength.
Note: Can only carry one. Movement speed bonus doesn't stack with Boots of Travel, Phase Boots, Power Treads, or Boots of Speed.
Boots of Speed + Gloves of Haste + Boots of Elvenskin or Robe of the Magi or Belt of Giant Strength
Linken`s Sphere (5175)
6 HP Regeneration
150% Mana Regeneration
15 All Attributes
Passive: Spell Block
- Blocks most targeted spells once every 20 seconds
- Not triggered by Medallion of Courage of Urn of Shadows
Perseverance + Ultimate Orb + Linken`s Sphere Recipe Scroll
Monkey King Bar (5400)
15 Attack Speed
Passive: True Strike
Prevents your attacks from missing (except due to exceeding Movement Buffer Range on melee units). Interferes with some attack modifiers on ranged units.
35% chance to bash on attacks. 100 bonus damage. Stuns for 0.01 seconds.
Note: Clicking the item will toggle True Strike on and off.
Demon Edge + 2x Javelins
The Butterfly (6000)
30 Attack Speed
Eaglehorn + Talisman of Evasion + Quarterstaff
Buriza-do Kyanon (5800)
Passive: Critical Strike
- 25% chance to deal 2.7 times normal damage on an attack
Crystalis + Demon Edge + Buriza-do Kyanon Recipe Scroll
Passive: Burn Damage
Deals 45 damage per second. 650 AoE.
Note: Clicking Radiance will toggle Burn Damage on and off.
Sacred Relic + Radiance Recipe Scroll
Before i start my early game strategy, i will show you the pros and cons of Bone Fletcher. Understanding the hero better will give you a clearer view of what its capable of.
- Newbie friendly.
- Easy to farm, harrass and get last hits with Searing Arrows.
- Tower gold is mostly yours due to Strafe.
- Has a descent escape skill, Wind Walk.
- One of the best and fastest chasers due to Wind Walk.
- Free Observer's Ward.
- Insane late gamer. (with proper items)
- Very fragile during early game due to low HP and MP.
- Easily countered by Gems and Wards.
- Extremely item dependant during mid-late game.
- Prime target in most battles.
- Low HP even at Level 25.
When to choose Bone Fletcher?
Simple. Choose Bone Fletcher if your enemies are:
- Early heroes like most intel heroes.
- Agility heroes or any heroes with low HP.
- Heroes without any skills that can disable or escape.
Never choose Bone Fletcher when your enemy has skills that can counter you for example Eyes in the Forest or Track. It is 100% suicide!!
- Power Treads
- Linken's Sphere
- Monkey King Bar
- The Butterfly
- Buriza-do Kyanon
I will explain to you this item build later on in the guide.
Early Game Strategy
First of all, start the game by filling your inventory with these items.
A RoH to regenerate your HP to prevent trips to the Fountain, 2 Wraith Bands to boost up your low HP and MP, a BoS and GoH to add your MS and AS and lastly, a Sapphire Potion in case of emergency. Your next trip back to the Fountain should be around level 11-13. Usually, i will choose Scourge and take the bottom lane. Reason being it's near to the secret shop. Your main priority during early-mid game is only to farm, level up and survive. Do not attempt to get too ambitious and start hunting for heroes or farm at the neutral creeps yet. It's important to get last hits for creeps and also to deny creeps. Having a couple of levels higher than your enemy will give you a slight advantage. Next, your HP and MP is too low and therefore, a little bit of mana management is required.
- Be extra careful is your MP is less than 75 as you might not have enough mana to WW in case of emergency.
- During level 1-6, try not to use Strafe yet because it will not help much. Use Strafe only when you have at least a Power Treads or when Strafe is level 3 and above.
- Take note of your mana when you auto-cast Searing Arrows.
- Do not learn Death Pact yet.
Just try to be a little conservative and farm. Always be on the lookout whenever your enemies are missing from the map. Backstabbing may occur even during early game because of your low HP. Always check and see what your enemies have in their inventories. Take note of Wards and Gems. Harrassing your enemy is your next priority. A nuke that's worth bonus 40 damage at 600 range and 8 mana cost is extremely worth it. Always harrass your enemy with Searing Arrows whenever you can especially if it's a melee hero. Maintain your enemy's low health so that you can get a kill or even a first blood once you are powerful enough. On the other hand, you can use your Sapphire Potion to heal yourself if your enemy is a heavy nuker like Zeus or Lich. Once you are around level 7, you should have around 900-1100 gold. Make your way to the Secret Shop and buy a Void Stone to make Perseverance. It's your first step to make a Linken's Sphere. With Perseverance, you can less worry a little about mana management problems. You should have these items in your inventory currently.
A BoS, GoH, Perseverance and 2 Wraith Bands assuming you used the Sapphire Potion earlier on which you will most likely do. Continue farming so that you can buy the Power Treads Recipe and a Quarter Staff. As i was saying earlier on in my guide, your next trip back to the Fountain would be around level 11-13. When you return to the Fountain, remember to get an Animal Courier/Chicken to help you carry items.