Yurnero-King of Blades
Created by Amplirage on 2008-04-22
Last modified: 2008-04-22
Viewed 365930 times
Causes a bladestorm of destructive force of 200 AoE around Yurnero, rendering him immune to magic and dealing damage to nearby enemy units and buildings. Lasts 5 seconds.
Level 1 - Deals 80 damage per second.
Level 2 - Deals 100 damage per second.
Level 3 - Deals 120 damage per second.
Level 4 - Deals 140 damage per second.
• This skill won't affect mechanical units.
• You can use items (including TP Scroll/ Boots of Travel) during Blade Fury.
• If a unit is not being affected by Blade Fury, Yurnero can perform normal attacks against this unit.
Mana Cost: 110
Cooldown: 30/28/26/24 Seconds
Comment: This skill should be maxed out ASAP as it is your: -Creep clearing skill -Spell immunity skill -Combo initiator or ender -High damage-medium cooldown spell.
Summons a Healing Ward that heals units` within 500 AoE. Ward can move slowly, has 5 HP and 0 medium armor. Lasts 25 seconds.
Level 1 - Heals 2% of hit points per second.
Level 2 - Heals 3% of hit points per second.
Level 3 - Heals 4% of hit points per second.
Level 4 - Heals 5% of hit points per second.
• You can order the Healing Ward to move (movespeed 300).
• If a unit is affected by two Healing Wards only one will work.
• The ward won't heal mechanical units.
Mana Cost: 80/100/120/140
Cooldown: 60 Seconds
Comment: Has hp healing capabilities as good as the fountain. Imagine late game you and your team are pushing and you get into a big fight but fortunately nobody dies. You call for a slight retreat and place the ward in the fog. The whole team can just huddle around it for a few seconds and immediately get back to action. The healing potential is very very useful.
Yurnero`s cunning blade gives him a chance to deal double damage on each attack.
Level 1 - 15% chance.
Level 2 - 20% chance.
Level 3 - 25% chance.
Level 4 - 35% chance.
Mana Cost: N/A
Comment: Simple skill but this enables Yurnero to take down most opponents in a matter of seconds. Amazingly high rate of critical works really really well with battlefury and his ultimate. Increases Yurnero's DPS significantly.
Yurnero moves around the battlefield, slashing many enemies. Yurnero becomes invulnerable while Omnislashing. The search area is 450.
Level 1 - Unleash 3 (5*) blink strikes.
Level 2 - Unleash 5 (7*) link strikes.
Level 3 - Unleash 8 (10*) blink strikes.
• Can be improved by Aghanim's Scepter (* shows the improved values).
• Interrupts channeling skills of the primary target.
• Each slash deals 150 - 250 damage, with an interval of 0.4 seconds.
• With enough attack speed, Yurnero can attack with his own attack strength while jumping around, in these attacks Yurnero can place buffs and trigger chance effects.
• The slashes can't be avoided by evasion. The normal attacks, however, can.
• You can use items while using Omnislash.
Mana Cost: 200/ 275/ 350
Cooldown: 130/120/110 (110/100/90 with Scepter)
Comment: All there is to know about the ultimate is described by the above sentence. Now we ask ourselves what orb or attack modifiers are the best if they happen to be activated in the extra hit. This attack is great for finishing off those survivors in big team clashes and killing off heroes 1 on 1 and also 1 on 2 in the forest.
Skill Build:1. Blade Fury
2. Blade Dance
3. Blade Fury
4. Blade Dance
5. Blade Fury
7. Blade Dance
8. Blade Fury
9. Blade Dance
17. Healing Ward
18. Healing Ward
19. Healing Ward
20. Healing Ward
Battle Fury (4350)
6 HP Regeneration
150% Mana Regeneration
35% cleave on attack. 225 AoE. Cleave doesn't work on ranged units.
Claymore + Broadsword + Perseverance
The Butterfly (6000)
30 Attack Speed
Eaglehorn + Talisman of Evasion + Quarterstaff
Heart of Tarrasque (5500)
Passive: Health Regeneration
Regenerates 2% of max health each second. Only regenerates health when the bearer has not taken damage from a player owned source or Roshan in the last 6 seconds (ranged) or 4 seconds (melee). Doesn't stack with itself.
Messerschmidt's Reaver + Vitality Booster + Heart of Tarrasque Recipe Scroll
Assault Cuirass (5350)
35 Attack Speed
Passive: Attack Speed Aura
Adds 20 attack speed. 900 AoE
Passive: Positive Armor Aura
Adds 5 armor. 900 AoE. Affects buildings. Doesn't stack with armor auras from Assault Cuirass, Ring of Basilius, or Vladmir's Offering.
Passive: Negative Armor Aura
Remove 5 armor to enemies. 900 AoE. Affects enemy buildings.
Plate Mail + Hyperstone + Chainmail + Assault Cuirass Recipe Scroll
Boots of Travel (2500)
100 Movement Speed
- Teleports you to an allied non-hero unit or building
- Casting time: 3 seconds
- Manacost: 75 mana
- Cooldown: 60 seconds
- Shares cooldown with Scroll of Town Portal
Note: Movement speed bonus does not stack with Boots of Travel, Phase Boots, Power Treads, Tranquil Boots or Boots of Speed.
Double clicking teleports you to your fountain.
Boots of Speed + Boots of Travel Recipe Scroll
Hood of Defiance (2125)
30% Spell Resistance
8 HP Regeneration
Planeswalker`s Cloak + Ring of Health + 2x Ring of Regeneration
So you were lucky enough to random Yurnero. So what? Well, Yurnero is one of the most powerful heroes later in the game. Once he has farmed up his items, nothing can stop him. If you picked him, good choice. Follow this strategy to learn the secrets of the Juggernaut.
- Yurnero is very weak in the beggining so he will be needing a babysitter such as Purist or Rooftrellen.
- The biggest problem Yurnero faces early game are the harrasers. They will target him during this stage because of his potential late game.
- To counter this, we will need to out-farm and out-class them.
- Buy a courier and deploy it at your base before heading off to your lane.
- Choose Sentinel bottom lane or Scourge top as by creep blocking, you can get them near to your tower.
- From the first creep wave, you will recieve a 1 level advantage over your opponent.
- Don't forget the important codes the moment the game starts, -di,-don
- These codes will display the amount of creep kills and denies you have made.
- Another code, -ma is good for checking on your opponent's levels and what heroes they are. This can help you decide whether your item build is suitable.
Your starting items should be(assuming this is a 5 on 5 game):
Starting item build justification
- The starting items are the items that you will be able to buy upon spawning at your fountain.
- They are the items that will keep you alive during this stage of the game.
- Animal courier is the most important of these. While enemies need to return to base to heal or to buy items, with this little devil can buy your items as well as health and mana potions for you to heal with. It would most certainly give you a level and gold advantage over your opponents as you get to stay and farm in your lane.
- You only need to get one set of tangoes and two clarities as later on more can be supplied to you by your courier.The gaunlet is there for the additional hp that we will need. Building bracers will only slow down our item build which is a bad thing as we are trying to rush our items in order to survive mid-late game.
- These items are not included in the main item build as they are the basic survivability items.
Skill Build Justification
- It is rather stupid if you do not max out blade fury as soon as possible as the damage output is very high.
- It is also your escape tool and your farming tool besides being your hero killing or weakening skill.
- The damage of blade fury is as follows- at level4:
140 x 5 seconds= 700 spell damage. It is very dangerous even though the natural magic resistance all heroes have does cut a bit of the damage.
- A very useful spell late game to prolong big team pushes,
- Can be used to heal the entire team after getting ganked.
- Can move at about 100ms.
- Very good to heal you when you are solo-ing Roshan or when your team is killing Roshan.
- Only get it later game as you do not have the mana to support it yet.
- His main killing skill.
- Sometimes simplicity is the best weapon.
- High AS and damage only makes this skill more deadly late game.
- Does not lose effectiveness as the game goes on.
- Works very well with Battlefury as the critical is also cleaved.
- I took it A.S.A.P after Blade Fury as the damage is strong for denying and last hitting. The creep is almost guaranteed yours whenever you last hit it.
- Makes people yell "Wtf! I didn't see him! Why didn't you tell me he was missing!"
- I find it works very well with S&Y because the damage is physical and maim can increase his omni slash's power.
- The less opponents are around, the better.
- The skill has a certain psychological effect on opponents.
- Chasers will be afraid to follow you into the jungle as they are scared you might turn back and unleash your omnislash on them, turning the tables instantly.
- The search range of this skill has been decreased in later versions.
- This is both good and bad
- Good: When omnislashing, you don't need to be so afraid of nearby creeps.
- Bad: He can't really omni-chase anymore as fast heroes and heroes with blinks can escape him(not much difference as lastime they could too and Kelens cant work if the user has been damaged in the past 3 seconds).
- Should be taken at every opportunity possible as the damage is always around 250 per hit.
- Useful at every stage of the game.
Item Build Breakdown
You may be asking why I put the item build again. Well, the strategy builder does not have a complete price breakdown so I took the effort to do it. Perhaps drew can add an item build breakdown to save other guidemakers' time. I also find the database of items in DS inconsistent to that of Dota Allstars website. These items and prices follow DA.
= 875 = 875
= 1400 = 1200
Battlefury is the first item you should get as it helps in farming a lot. Generally, it works with most heroes with criticals. The preseverance must be built up first before the damage items as early game you must concentrate on surviving and gaining a level advantage. The presevarance should be built together with yasha and be finished before sange.
= 600(recipe) = 600(recipe)
= 1000 = 1000
= 450 = 450
This item is very expensive but is now more worthid as it has been buffed in recent versions. Yasha should be built first as the IAS and agility bonuses benifit Yurnero much more than sange. Sange's maim is still very little as it has not been buffed. Only once they have been combined into S&Y is maim useful.
Boots of Travel=2700
= 2200(recipe) = 500
Compliments his ganking abilities and his chasing abilities now that S&Y and Yurnero's ms have been buffed. Also can teleport to ALL allied units on the map so you can teleport to your allie's underlings that can be placed around the map. This would give you total control over the map. Boots of speed should be bought after completing BF but before completing S&Y. Upgrade to BoT after you have finished S&Y.
The Butterfly = 6000
= 3300 = 900
Incredible item to get on agility heroes. Especially DPS specialists such as yurnero. Increases damage as well as attack speed tremendously. Should be built after BoT as it greatly increases your killing potential and survivability. 30% evasion is no laughing matter as it will certainly stop perma bashers and heroes that rely on a few hits to kill like ursa.
Assault Cuirass = 6120
= 2100 = 1400
= 620 = 2000(recipe)
Late game item. You can own without this item but this can add to your killing potential. Increased AS will only make your omnislash more powerful. The additional armor will be very good against DPSers and the auras will certainly help your team late game when the ultra huge pushes begin. The - 5 armor also contributes to your omnislash as it is physical damage type.
Heart of Tarrasque = 5500
= 3200 = 1200(recipe)
Amazing survivability when fighting in the middle of a battle. Gives you enough time to cut your opponents down to size and help your team substantially.
Hood of Defiance(situational) = 2350
= 950 = 650
Get this if more than 3 of your opponents are heavy nukers. Replace HoT with this as even the Heart cannot stop a few nuke combos.
- Since you are weak in this period, you must do all in your power to help you farm.
- This set of screenshots will show you the art of creep blocking which is actually a move to slow down your creeps from reaching your tower.
- This will actually give you a 1 level advantage over your opponent if you did it correctly with the first wave.
The Importance of Courier
- An animal courier has many uses that you can benifit from substantially for such a cheap price.
- The items to get for your animal courier to bring to you besides items that form your main item build:
- Bottles and clarity potions are to heal you as you do not want to return to the fountain.
- The tangoes are for later use while fighting.
- * Okay, so we have our item build and skills all explained together with the techniques to block creeps.
- * So what Do we do when we are in the lane against the opponent.
- * Well, the most important thing to know about Yurnero is play safe .
- * Farm safely in your lane and don't go ganking or pushing like mad or making sudden assaults on your lane opponent.
- * You will end up at more loss than he is.
- * Last hit and deny.
- * Set this in your mind. For Yurnero, LAST HIT > DENY.
- * Don't push too far into your opponent's base.
- * Once you reach level six, don't go and try to gank yet.
- * Be careful as you r opponents might try to kill your courier.
- * Always play safe. Only strike back when your opponent hits you(melee).
- * If an irritating range opponent can't stop harrasing you, first, look at your game time.
- * The creeps spawn every 30 seconds.
- * If you are sure your enemy creeps aren't anywhere near your ranged opponent yet, blade fury and chase him down a bit, cutting his life down and then return to your farming.
- * This way, you gain advantage by forcing him to return to the fountain while your animal courier can bring potions to you.
- * If the opportunity to kill comes, take it but do not be stupid and tower dive or omnislash when you are not sure if you can kill him.
End of Early Game
Your goal in this stage is just to out farm and level your opponents. Do not let them harrass you.
- The items you should at least have by the end of this stage: